A defunct podcast about trading films with friends. Each month I chose a film for a friend to watch and they chose one for me. Then we discussed. There were two episodes a month, first my choice and then theirs. Subscribe via iTunes or Overcast.
- This was the last film that Yasujirō Ozu made, after a career that started in the silent era
- His most famous is probably Tokyo Story, but he made 53 others, 19 of which are considered lost
- Christa's husband is Neven Mrgan who was a guest on this podcast as well
- Chishū Ryū, who plays the lead here, was in 32 of Ozu's 54 films
- Manga, J-pop, and Sushi are all examples of prominent cutural exports from Japan
- Toyko Story is based on Make Way For Tomorrow, a depression era film by Leo McCarey that touches on a lot of Ozu-type themes
- No one knows who wrote Caro mio ben, but it was probably Tommaso Giordani
- Before this podcast, I'd never even heard of Italian voice method
- Civil Comments is amazing. You should all check it out!